For years, you have probably heard about Optimizely, the award-winning Digital Experience Platform that has been recognized in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Customer Experience.
There’s a good reason for all of the excitement. Optimizely’s Digital Experience Platform unifies content, commerce, and real-time information into a single integrated platform that enables your team to personalize at scale, while also saving time and resources. In addition, it is easy to install — 2 to 3 times faster than other digital experience platforms — and the platform updates on its own, saving you money and time by eliminating the need for your development staff to maintain the platform.
The best part is that on average, firms that deploy Optimizely realize a 297% increase in return on investment. As previously stated, there is a good reason for all of the excitement.
What is Optimizely?
Customer-oriented digital experiences are tested, modified, and deployed using Optimizely, which is a cloud-based marketing technology that assists product teams. By utilizing the experimental platform, It is possible for organizations to make data-driven decisions and deploy personalization across websites, mobile applications, and linked devices. A variety of Optimizely experiments for your web pages may be created by utilizing the service’s most dynamic or standard capabilities, depending on your preferences.
Features of Optimizely
To Get You Started, Here Are Some Features of Optimizely.
Optimizely caters to a wide range of clients, including:
Optimizely offers an editor that is simple to understand. WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) is the method used by Optimizely’s visual editor, which means you can view and update the page to show people precisely what you want them to see on your website.
A/B testing and multivariate experimentation are made simple because of this versatility. It is also compatible with a variety of systems.
It is simple to use (even if you are not a professional):
Optimizely ensures that your installation goes smoothly. Set up campaigns and tests with the use of tools such as a page, event, tags, audience, and others to create, target, and assess the impact of your intended consumer experience on those who interact with it. It’s as straightforward as it appears.
It’s simple to incorporate:
Optimizely creates a piece of code that you can copy and paste into the source code of your website to begin the test. As a result, the experimentation process gets underway swiftly.
It also enables larger organizations to outsource the creation of trials to A/B test professionals, saving them time and money.
It contains choices such as the following:
Bespoke targeting, prioritizing the audience, custom templates, a visual editor, developer tools, and APIs are some of the features offered by the platform. It comes with a plethora of possibilities, as well as a tool for customizing web and mobile sites.
If you’re familiar with the fantastic tool “demand base,” you’ll be pleased to know that it interacts seamlessly with the platform, enabling you to begin tailoring your experience from the very first visit!
Additionally, Optimizely does the following:
- Integrates with the Hotjar platform.
- The Optimizely API is made available so that you may access experiment data on your dashboard.
- Allows you to start, halt, and schedule experiments at any moment by utilizing the API’s functionality.
- Enables seamless page redesigns by allowing for superior server-side experimentation deployment and execution
And even more!
There are countless possibilities that may be realized with the use of Optimizely. We’ve included just a handful of our clients’ favorite features, which keep them coming back to this fantastic testing tool.
Who Uses Optimizely?
So, who makes use of Optimizely and why?
People from a variety of organizational teams and verticals use Optimizely. First, marketing teams use Optimizely because it removes the guesswork from marketing. The tool provides scientifically supported answers to critical issues.
Marketers use Optimizely as well since it helps them enhance the customer journey and achieve a greater return on marketing expenditure.
Optimizely is also well-liked by product development teams. They rely on the tool’s full-stack testing capabilities to build an app that captures and converts clients.
They also appreciate Optimizely because it allows them to get user feedback, test features as they roll out, and test redesigns before deploying them. Optimizely is also well-suited to persons who operate in a variety of industries:
Optimizely not only helps to decrease shopping cart abandonment, but it also allows design teams to make shopping more personal. Furthermore, it enables customers to continue their buying trip across several channels, including mobile, email, and desktop.
Nowadays, individuals book flights using their phones. Optimizely assists travel app teams in ensuring that mobile users have a positive experience. Additionally, the application assists marketers in upselling trip packages that are usually purchased together.
Firms such as IBM, Hewlett-Packard, and Microsoft use Optimizely for experimentation.
Consumers use digital platforms to submit their taxes, deposit wages, and even send money to friends and family. Finance teams may use Optimizely to execute tests in a secure environment.
Fewer and fewer people obtain their news from physical newspapers these days. They rely on news websites, blogs, and mobile apps. Optimizely helps media organizations to identify patterns that might increase traffic and keep visitors returning for additional information.
Pros & Cons of Optimizely
- The option for common corporate users to create experiments is being considered. There is no direct requirement for coding. The caveat is that complicated features or product rollouts may need more development time.
- Because of the straightforward technological interface that enables marketing-centric A/B testing, it returns the power of experimentation to the realm of marketing management.
- Excellent resources for assistance: Phone customer service is simple to reach, and the representatives are well-versed in problem-solving techniques.
- Excellent resources for training and certification.
- The use of the list of audience members that are included and excluded is clear and simple to understand.
- A straightforward reporting dashboard enables you to examine and comprehend the findings in a matter of seconds.
- Some tests, such as redirect tests, require a long time to build up metrics because of the number of variables involved. It is difficult to provide analytics for both the original page and the redirect page at the same time.
- The analytical input is not immediately apparent, and it takes a few too many clicks to locate an update.
- Since it is a third-party script, it has the effect of slowing down the rendering of a webpage. If you configure it to render asynchronously or after the page has been displayed, you may witness flickering on the screen.
Optimizely Competitors and Alternatives
Experimentation and customization software is a popular piece of technology, and many users are looking for easy-to-use, effective software solutions for marketing promotions, web development, and A/B testing, among other applications.
When considering Optimizely alternatives, it’s important to keep in mind the importance of the customer experience as well as the features available.
Among the experimentation and customization software options listed below, Optimizely is the one that is most commonly compared to by users and reviewers. They’re often regarded as the greatest overall alternatives and competitors to Optimizely in their respective fields.
It is our goal to provide you with enough information about Optimizely to empower you to decide if it is the appropriate fit for you or not. We also have a large number of professional blog entries to aid you in addressing basic difficulties with other tools, such as AB Tasty, Google Optimize, Adobe Target, Unbounce, Instapage, Monetate, VWO, and many others. Visit our blog for more information.
Our team at Brillmark is well-versed in these areas since, for more than a decade, we’ve been managing testing for clients that enjoy the process of rigorous experimentation.
Contact Us to find out more.