In this article, we will be talking about the old rumor about the sunset of Google Optimize and the official updates from Google about the sunset. We will also discuss the best alternative A/B testing tools for you once Google Optimize is discontinued.
For more in-depth information on how to migrate from Google Optimize to any other tool, feel free to reach out to us.
There was a whisper going around that Google was looking to sunset Google Optimize. Initially,the word sunset was only being used for “Universal Analytics.”
At the time, no sure update was out there. However, Collin Crowell, Senior Director at Kameleoon, North America, decided to share the concern.
Obviously, we could not ignore it! Crowell even mentioned his source when asked about these whispers.
To further support his information, he added a small bit of information, which triggered this whisper as a concern for several companies.
As we all know, Google Optimize is one of the most preferred A/B testing tools out there.
Collin’s concerns were supported by Deborah O’Malley, who covered a major area of concern.
In addition , when Convert experiences conducted their research, they came across a contact who acknowledged that, “Even though Google Optimize 360 deals were still being taken at their end, GO certifications had been deprecated. They also said that Firebase would probably be the first to retire.”
There was information about Optimizely Partnering with Google to improve the digital experience and to collaborate on technologies like AI & ML.
Back then, it was more than speculation, but we still did not have concrete evidence to prove this claim.
So, why did we decide to bring it up?
On January 20, 2023, Sundar Pichai, the CEO of Google & Alphabet, sent out the official statement about the sunset of Google Optimize.
Yes, it is true!
By 30th September 2023, The era of Google Optimize will end.
So, now what’s next?
All the data is in Google optimize. The data will be lost! Everything will go to waste. Efforts will fail, We will have to start from scratch. We aren’t sure which tool can replace or use as Google optimize alternative.
Many of our customers who have been using Google Optimize as their A/B testing tool for more than two or three years have voiced these concerns to us.
Don’t worry! Brillmark has got your back!
In this article, we will talk about the criteria for choosing the best alternative A/B Testing tool, and how Brillmark can help you seamlessly migrate from Google optimize to any tool of your choice!
Let’s dive right into it!
Criteria for Choosing the Best Google Optimize Alternative
When choosing a Google Optimize alternative A/B testing tool, there are several criteria to consider:
Ease of use
Google optimize was very easy to use, even without proper technical knowledge. So, the next tool should be easy to set up, configure, and use, especially for non-technical users.
The A/B testing tool should be able to integrate with your website and other marketing tools, such as analytics platforms to provide a seamless experience.
Reporting and analysis
The tool should provide detailed and customizable reports and analysis capabilities, allowing you to track and measure the performance of your tests.
It is important that the tool should be able to handle website traffic size, data, and grow with your business.
Support & resources
There should be a dedicated support staff and a plethora of resources, including documentation, tutorials, and community forums, available to users of the tool.
Your alternative A/B testing tool should be cost-effective and offer a variety of pricing plans to suit different budgets. This way, it won’t affect your other business investments.
A/B testing, Multivariate testing, Split URL testing, and Heatmap analysis are just some of the features and capabilities that should be present in the tool you choose.
Finally, the tool must have a solid security architecture to safeguard your data and guarantee conformity with applicable laws.
These factors should be taken into account when selecting an A/B testing tool to guarantee that you end up with one that is well suited to your requirements and assists you in reaching your objectives.
Best alternative A/B testing tools:
A/B testing is no longer cutting edge. It is not a challenge to locate a reliable A/B testing platform.
The challenge now is picking the best one.
So here is our list of the best alternative A/B testing tools that we confidently recommend for our clients for you to migrate to once Google Optimize is discontinued.
Google Optimize and Convert Experience are both optimization and personalization tools that can be used to improve website performance and user experience.
However, they differ in terms of features, pricing, and target audience.
Here are some of the ways in which Convert Experience is considered better than Google Optimize:
- Advanced Personalization: Convert Experience offers more advanced personalization capabilities, such as multi-page personalization, A/B tests with personalized experiences, and a powerful visual editor for creating personalization scenarios.
- Robust Testing Features: Convert Experience has a wider range of testing options, including A/B tests, multivariate tests, split URL tests, and redirect tests.
- Integration with Third-Party Tools: Convert Experience integrates with a wider range of third-party tools, including popular analytics and CRM platforms, allowing you to easily collect and analyze data from multiple sources.
- Customer Support: Convert Experience provides more personalized customer support, with a dedicated customer success team and 24/7 support.
Both tools are effective optimization and personalization solutions, but Convert Experience offers a more comprehensive approach to optimization and additional advanced features..
With the specially designed $99 plan for Google Optimize switchers and a dedicated support team focused on your success, you can easily take your experiments to the next level.
Kameleoon is the perfect A/B testing and personalization tool for marketers who want to take their digital campaigns to the next level.
Here are some ways in which Kameleoon is better than Google Optimize:
- User-friendly interface: Kameleoon is known for having a user-friendly interface that makes it easier to set up and run experiments, even for people with little technical knowledge.
- Advanced targeting options: Kameleoon has a range of targeting options that allow you to target your experiments to specific segments of your audience based on things like location, device, and behavior.
- Built-in heatmap and session replay: Kameleoon’s built-in heatmap and session playback feature provides insight into user behavior by letting you watch as visitors navigate your site in real time.
- Advanced reporting: Kameleoon’s extensive reporting and analytics allow you to interpret the outcomes of your experiments and make educated choices about future optimization strategies.
It is essential to consider your needs and goals before settling on a tool. As investing based on the requirements of the company would give better results.
With Optmizely’s intuitive tools, digital commerce, website customization, and content, management has never been easier.
Optimizely is considered better than Google Optimize for the following reasons:
- Advanced features: Optimizely offers a wider range of features and capabilities compared to Google Optimize, including visual editing tools, more advanced analytics, and a wider range of integrations with other tools.
- User interface: Optimizely has a more sophisticated user interface compared to Google Optimize. Optimizely provides a more intuitive and user-friendly experience, making it easier to use and manage optimization tests.
- Integrations: Optimizely integrates with a variety of analytics platforms, including Adobe Analytics, Piwik, and Mixpanel. This allows businesses to see the results of their optimization tests in the context of their overall website performance data, regardless of the analytics platform they are using.
- Customer support: Optimizely provides a wider range of customer support options, including email, phone, and live chat support. Google Optimize, on the other hand, has limited customer support options.
Evolv is a cutting-edge software-as-a-service that combines the power of machine learning and optimization to increase conversion rates.
With Evolv, you can set up experiments with a clear purpose in mind.
- Personalization: Evolv AI offers personalization capabilities that allow businesses to target specific segments of their audience with tailored experiences. Google Optimize, on the other hand, focuses more on traditional A/B testing.
- Predictive Insights: Evolv AI employs machine learning algorithms to analyze user behavior and foretell which experiences will perform best for particular visitors. This feature is missing from Google Optimize.
- User Experience Design: Evolv AI’s visual, drag-and-drop interface makes it simple for non-technical users to begin creating and distributing experiences. To successfully implement trials with Google Optimize, users should have some familiarity with technical details.
- Integration with other tools: Evolv AI’s ability to integrate with a broad variety of marketing and analytics tools simplifies the process of incorporating data from outside sources into marketing campaigns. There are limited options for integration with Google Optimize.
When compared to Google’s Optimize, A/B Tasty is widely regarded as a more powerful and complete A/B testing and optimization tool, with several key advantages:
- More Advanced Features: Split tests, multivariate tests, and personalization campaigns are just some of the advanced features offered by A/B Tasty, allowing you greater leeway and influence in your optimization efforts. .
- Better Visual Editor: A/B Tasty has a superior visual editor, making it much simpler to create and handle experiments. The need for human testing is lessened because of the editor’s live preview feature.
- Improved Data Insights: With A/B Tasty, you can get better insights into your data thanks to its more comprehensive and granular reporting on test results and the effect those results had on your website’s engagement and conversion rates.
- Advanced Targeting: A/B Tasty gives you the ability to target users in more specific ways, such as by their location, device, or based on their past actions.
- More Integration Options: A/B Tasty gives you the freedom to work with the technologies and platforms you’re already familiar with, like Google Analytics, AdWords, and more, because it works with a broader range of tools and platforms.
In comparison to Google Optimize, A/B Tasty provides a more robust and customizable solution for website optimization and testing thanks to its extensive feature set and user-friendly visual editor.
Adobe Target is an enterprise-level testing solution that seamlessly works together with Adobe’s analytics tool.
While Adobe Target and Google Optimize are both popular A/B testing and personalization tools and share some similarities, they have distinct differences that make one a better fit for particular organizations over others.
Here are some ways in which Adobe Target is better than Google Optimize:
- Advanced Targeting Capabilities: Adobe Target offers advanced targeting capabilities such as location-based targeting, audience management, and real-time decisioning that are not available in Google Optimize. This allows for a more precise and relevant customer experience.
- Robust Testing Options: Adobe Target offers a wider range of testing options, including A/B testing, multivariate testing, and personalized experiences. This provides a more comprehensive approach to testing and personalization.
- Integration with Adobe Experience Cloud: Integration with other Adobe products is a breeze thanks to Adobe Target’s place in the Adobe Experience Cloud alongside Adobe Analytics, Adobe Experience Manager, and Adobe Campaign. As a result of the merger, we now have a more complete picture of our customers and can tailor our services to them in more ways than ever before.
- Customer Support: Adobe Target provides a comprehensive system of customer assistance, including documentation, discussion forums, and a dedicated team of experts who are there to ensure the success of each individual Adobe Target user. It gives businesses the help they need to implement testing and customization successfully.
Webtrends Optimize’s extensive and sophisticated feature set makes it a better fit for bigger companies with more intricate requirements.
Some of the key advantages of Webtrends Optimize include:
- Advanced analytics and reporting capabilities: Webtrends Optimize allows businesses to make informed decisions about their optimization strategies thanks to in-depth and actionable insights into consumer behavior.
- Flexible targeting options: Webtrends Optimize provides numerous targeting choices, letting businesses provide unique, tailored experiences for their various customer subsets.
- More control and customization: By providing for greater flexibility and personalization in the optimization process, Webtrends Optimize helps businesses hone in on the most effective approaches.
- Advanced testing capabilities: Webtrends Optimize provides a number of different types of testing, such as multi-variant testing and split URL testing, that give companies the freedom to conduct more complex and thorough experiments.
Both VWO (Visual Website Optimizer) and Google Optimize are popular tools for website optimization, but they have some key differences that may make one better suited for a particular use case than the other.
Here are some of the ways VWO is often considered better than Google Optimize:
- Ease of Use: VWO has a more user-friendly interface and is considered easier to use compared to Google Optimize, especially for non-technical users.
- Advanced Features: VWO has more advanced features like Heatmaps, Session Recordings, and Funnel Analysis, which can provide additional insights into how visitors interact with a website and what can be improved.
- Integration with Third-Party Tools: VWO’s greater number of integrations with other popular tools, such as Google Analytics, AdWords, and more, makes it simpler to use data from a variety of sources.
- Customer Support: VWO has a reputation for having first-rate customer assistance thanks to its dedicated support staff, which is on call around the clock to answer any questions or address any problems that may arise..
Dynamic Yield is an advanced experimentation platform for high-traffic websites, providing leading-edge A/B testing, omnichannel personalization, predictive optimization with powerful machine learning, and many other features.
Here are some of the key ways in which Dynamic Yield is better than Google Optimize:
- Advanced personalization features: Dynamic Yield provides a wide range of personalization features, including real-time personalization, advanced segmentation, and multichannel orchestration. Google Optimize, on the other hand, has limited personalization capabilities.
- Machine learning: Dynamic Yield includes machine learning capabilities for sophisticated personalization and optimization strategies. Google Optimize does not have machine learning capabilities.
- Comprehensive platform: Dynamic Yield is a comprehensive personalization platform that offers a wide range of features, including testing and optimization, personalization, and reporting. Google Optimize is a more limited tool that primarily focuses on A/B testing and personalization.
- Scalability: Dynamic Yield is designed for larger organizations or e-commerce businesses, and is scalable to meet their needs. Google Optimize is better suited for smaller organizations or teams that are just starting out with personalization and optimization.
If you’re looking to take your eCommerce business to the next level, you’ll want to look into Omniconvert’s suite of tools.
Here are some ways in which Omniconvert might be considered better than Google Optimize, based on certain criteria:
- Ease of Use: Omniconvert has a more user-friendly interface and is generally considered to be easier to use for non-technical users.
- Conversion Rate Optimization Focus: Omniconvert is focused specifically on conversion rate optimization, while Google Optimize is part of a broader marketing platform.
- Speed: Omniconvert is known for being faster and more responsive compared to Google Optimize.
- Customer Support: Omniconvert is known for its high-quality customer support, while Google Optimize’s support is more limited and primarily focused on larger enterprises.
SiteSpect stands out for its lightning-fast speed, clocking in at about 1.3 seconds, faster than Convert Experiences, VWO, and other leading tools on the market.
Here are some ways SiteSpect is different from Google Optimize:
- Advanced testing capabilities: SiteSpect offers more advanced testing capabilities than Google Optimize, such as multivariate testing, A/B testing, and split URL testing.
- Advanced targeting and segmentation: SiteSpect provides more granular targeting and segmentation options, allowing you to test different variations of your site for specific groups of users based on their behavior, location, device, etc.
- Advanced analytics: SiteSpect provides detailed analytics and reporting capabilities, giving you insight into how your tests are performing and what changes are having the biggest impact on your site’s performance.
- Speed and reliability: SiteSpect operates on a CDN network, which means your site will load quickly and reliably, even during high traffic periods.
- Technical flexibility: SiteSpect offers more technical flexibility, including the ability to test server-side changes and the ability to integrate with other tools and technologies.
It’s time to make the transition because Google Optimize was a fantastic tool, but it’s no longer receiving updates.
There are numerous options for conducting A/B tests; therefore, it is essential to identify the characteristics that are most important to you before settling on a provider.
The characteristics of the A/B testing options we’ve listed above can help you narrow down your search for the best possible answer.
You can discover the ideal A/B testing tool to replace Google Optimize by comparing these alternatives.
Put this list in your bookmarks, but don’t put off making the change until the last minute!