The Shopify app store has many useful Chatbot apps to install on your shopify website. Chatbots serve as artificial, automated, conversational agents to reduce the need for users to call customer service. Chatbots also bring you closer to your customers by reducing the barrier of interaction between the shop and individual users.
If you are not equipped with enough resources to code your own chatbot, you can always opt for an outsourced service. There are already a variety of chatbot apps in the Shopify app store. And if you are here, you must be looking for the best shopify chatbot apps to represent your brand.
In case you want an in-built chatbot on your own shopify store, you can always put some customized chatbot designs up for an A/B test. We describe how to do that later in this article. But first, the list below is based on the reviews of our A/B test developers about the best Shopify chatbots they’ve seen perform on our clients’ websites. We list the pros, the cons, and pricing details of each.
And with upgrading trends, you have many chatbots to choose from.
Introduction to AI Chatbots
There’s a lot of detailed information out there on AI chatbots, specifically for those new to the topic.
When chatbots are powered with AI, they start self-optimizing. Artificial intelligence helps the chatbot answer complex customer queries. Since it is a smart software, it learns with each conversation and personalizes the answers accordingly. The less-robotic responses allow the customer to feel a human touch.
To make the chatbot’s AI better, it must be fed with enough data for it to understand the website better. A chatbot without AI is automated and functions as more of an FAQ, which often ends in hit-or-miss conversion opportunities.
Here is the list of our seven favorite AI-powered Chatbots available in the Shopify app store.
Ochatbot by Ometrics is a chatbot tool that works as virtual assistant to help your customer care staff. Its artificial intelligence helps it learn and optimize on its own to provide better answers.
Ochatbot app for Shopify interfaces with various platforms, including Facebook and Slack.
If you choose an upgraded plan, it provides a team who builds the chatbot for you and trains your chatbot with AI on a daily basis. It follows an engagement question module, which helps to stir up fruitful conversions with users. It also has a Zapier connection, which helps it connect with a huge number of email systems easily.
- It comes with additional engagement features such as live chat, exit-intent pop-ups, mobile banners, offer sliders, etc.
- It’s easy to set up, as no coding is required to get started. It automatically imports all product SKUs during installation.
- Apart from support queries, it also assists with lead generation, reviving abandoned carts and providing order status to the users.
- Needs more options for customization and styling.
Free Trial: Does have a free plan.
Price: Starts from $69/month.
Best used for: Lead generation, support, sales, and more.
MobileMonkey chatbots allow you to instantly connect with your fans and prospects in Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, SMS text messaging, web chat and more.
With MobileMonkey’s website chat widget, you can easily add chat to your Shopify store.
- It’s a multi-chat marketing platform for Instagram, Facebook, SMS and Webchat.
- Very easy to set up.
- Can send out drip campaigns
- Needs more improvement on customization
Free Trial: Does have a free plan.
Price: Starts from $44/month.
Best used for: Lead generation and customer support.
Relish app is an AI-powered shopping assistant that automates customer support responses to provide 24/7 service on your site. It answers visitors’ questions and promotes sales.
Along with basic chatbot functions, Relish also pushes personalized recommendations, reminds of cart abandonment, initiates exit pop-ups, has product notifications, etc.
- Does have a free forever plan with few limitations.
- Helps users track orders.
- Escalates complaint tickets and gets them resolved, too.
- Does not provide a performance report.
- Lacks customization options.
Free Trial: 30-day free trial.
Price: $29.99/month for the Grow plan and $69.99/month for the Pro plan. They also have a free plan.
Best used for: Websites with less requirements and small budgets.
Acobot is a very good chatbot with artificial intelligence. It works to engage visitors, convert them to customers, and retain cart abandonments. More than just chatting with users, its AI lures them in with discount codes, promotes lead generation, and initiates email marketing. Its AI also helps create the content automatically.
Acobot as a company specialize in providing AI-based services, which makes their product somewhat more reliable than multi-purpose chatbots.
- The support team helps with any set-up hurdles. They navigate how to integrate and resolve the issues on their own, too.
- It offers an auditory chatbox, with which the AI voice gets activated each time a visitor visits another page on the site. It can be turned off if needed.
- Not a feasible option for sites with non-English speaking visitors at the moment, as that feature is still under development.
Free Trial: 15-day free trial with free installation.
Best used for: Desktop-based websites.
Octane is a does-it-all chatbot. Powered with AI, it performs quizzes, makes Facebook and SMS campaigns, and handles Facebook messaging and SMS marketing as well. It collects data to provide personalized answers, and it creates a detailed analytical report about user answers, engagement, revenue, quiz takers, etc.
- Serves more than just the chatbot functions; can be used for multiple purposes.
- Comes with an easy-to-use quiz builder, which does not require any code.
- Integrates well with Facebook Pixel and provides synced answers.
- The major price difference between the Basic and Pro plans — they’re $9/month and $209/month, respectively.
- Is an English speaking bot and won’t be able to convert non-English speaking visitors into potential customers.
- Does require dedicated Facebook content to get the use of Facebook messaging features.
Free Trial: 7 days.
Price: As per pricing shown on the official Octane AI site, $9/month for the basic plan and $209 /month for the pro plan.
Best used for: Website with good traffic and Facebook engagement.
Gorgias is a help desk built for Shopify stores for ease of transition. Its AI uses your customer data available in Shopify and converts it into great, personalized answers. It allows shops to update customers with order status and more within the chatbot. AI helps the machine learn and detect customer intent. That way, it categorizes customer messages according to priority per the nature of customers’ queries. Gorgias’s services also handle the text on all of your shop’s social profiles, such as Instagram, Facebook, email, etc.
- Automates customer support tasks to keep your priority actions on track.
- Easy integration with social media such as Facebook and Instagram to respond to comments on ads.
- Does not work on external sales channels such as Amazon, Walmart, eBay, etc.
- Isn’t an affordable option if compared to other alternatives.
Free Trial: 7-day free trial is available.
Price: Starts from $60/month.
Best Used for: Sorting and resolving support tickets.
Gobot is an AI support bot that also provides shoppable quizzes on multiple platforms supporting your website. Its AI-powered chatbot sends personalized emails, SMS opt-ins, and personalized retargeting ads, too.
The shoppable quizzes collect customer behavior and target them accordingly with chatbot and ads. To learn more about the app, you can also visit the official GetGobot site.
- It integrates well with email platforms, social media services, SMS platforms, as well as with your current live desks, too. This allows it to merge the info together and provide a great output while chatting with customers.
- More than just the chatbots, its integration with shoppable quizzes are a plus and keeps users engaged.
- No coding is required to set it up.
- Since it is an automated chatbot instead of a live one, it can be a bit hard to train the bot.
- Can be a little weak in comparison to paid chatbots.
Free Trial: First 5000+ engagements are free.
Best used for: Ecommerce, to make full use of quiz features.
Human-powered chatbots are the ones with which you get to outsource a team of real people to handle customer service for you. Instead of phone calls, you can use a chatbot. This gives the chatbot an actual human touch. Instead of hiring individuals on salary, you hire a chatbot service on a subscription price. This concept gets more interesting when combined with artificial intelligence — that way, the data collected when a real human converses with visitors can be fed to the chatbot’s AI. Ultimately, this can be used to suggest and recommend products for personalized user experience. It’s an actual collaboration of human and machine services. We’ve included the following app to let you explore the endless possibilities.
Cartloop is the one and only human-powered AI chatbot in this list. Along with its AI, it also provides real-time messaging and SMS marketing to resolve customer queries. In a broader way, Cartloop is a text marketing service, which operates with AI + humans as resources to run it effectively.
It is also TCPA and GDPR compliant. You’ll also get real-time analytics and conversion reports.
- The free starter plan allows you to pay only when the chatbot generates a sale.
- The AI + human-powered chatbot is definitely a plus for interacting with customers on a personal level.
- Unable to converse with non-speaking visitors.
Free Trial: 14-day free trial, with unlimited texts.
Price: Apart from the sales-based starter pack we mentioned above, the other plan starts at $99/month.
Best Used for: Ecommerce websites, as a replacement for AI-only chatbots.
How to Install a Chatbot on Your Shopify Site
To install shopify apps mentioned in this article on your Shopify store, follow these simple steps:
- Go to Shopify Admin.
- Click on Apps from the menu options.
- Click on the blue button that says “Visit Shopify App Store.”
- If you are not already logged in to the Shopify app store, enter your login credentials.
- Type out the app you are searching for in the search bar, or select the one from the menu per your requirements.
- Once on the app page, click on the Add App button.
- You will be redirected to your store admin page to click on the Install App button.
- Once the app is installed, it will then be visible in your apps section.
- From there, you will be navigated to complete the mandatory steps for deployment of the app on the site.
Shopify also describes how to build your own AI chatbot for Shopify, too. One can simply follow their instructions to proceed. Having your own chatbot helps to set up excellent customer service. If you’re doubtful whether to opt for chatbots or not, you can have them implemented through A/B testing with the help of our A/B test developers.
A/B Testing to Analyze Audience Response
You want to choose the chatbot that fulfills the needs of your users and fulfills the criteria you set for it. A/B testing a Shopify chatbot before implementing it will help you find out if it accomplishes your set goals or not.
Since you don’t want a chatbot to reduce conversion rates, experimenting with it via tools such Google Optimize, Optimizely, or others will add to the customer service reliability on an AI bot. And if you’re new to experimenting, considering having our A/B test developers help you out with it.
There could be three scenarios in which you run an experiment for chatbot:
- When implementing a chatbot for the first time on your Shopify store.
- Replacing an in-house chatbot with an outsourced app.
- Replacing a Shopify chatbot app for another supposedly better app.
In all three cases, A/B testing while implementing will give you insights about the conversions it brings — this helps ensure it can achieve the goals you’ve set before deciding to keep it. That way, it can prove if it’s worth the change, and if not, you can try another, better option. The point is to only keep the best elements on your site.
Additionally, we’ve gathered a list of the best Shopify apps in general — check it out to add some other useful apps to your Shopify store.